400 fold down sink not draining well

On my first use of my camper,  the  bathroom sink was not draining well.  The water pump was on and I did hear it kick on briefly when I turned the sink on.  When I folded the sink up a bit,  it seemed to drain better.  The kitchen  sink and shower drained fine.  Any thoughts or something I need to do?
2018 T@b 400

Comments

• HalooHaloo Posts: 88Member
    Ours doesn't drain quickly either. And I tilt it up a bit to get it to drain completely. Otherwise, we love the sink and the fact it folds out of the way.
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • gooddogs74gooddogs74 Posts: 56Member
    @Haloo, does water sit in yours for 10-15 minutes and not move?  

2018 T@b 400
  • VernaVerna Posts: 4,215Administrator
    Here’s a hint from the Cirrus Truck Camper FB Page on how one owner deals with the fold down sink:

“Tip the sink back and forth several times to allow as much to drain as possible, then swipe the bowl with an absorbent cloth like xxxxx suggested. I stuck a command hook right next to the sink so it is handy. We've not had water on the floor since, except after a shower. For that we try to park so that gravity helps aim all the water towards the drain in the floor, the wipe out excess“

Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2014 T@B S M@X, white/red, INDIANA  H@@SIER; towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; T@B Administrator
  • gooddogs74gooddogs74 Posts: 56Member
    @Verna so is this considered normal? I am new to campers so it seems strange to me that it is normal for a sink to just not drain without extra work being done to make it do so.
    2018 T@b 400
  • HalooHaloo Posts: 88Member
    Verna said:
    Here’s a hint from the Cirrus Truck Camper FB Page on how one owner deals with the fold down sink:

“Tip the sink back and forth several times to allow as much to drain as possible, then swipe the bowl with an absorbent cloth like xxxxx suggested. I stuck a command hook right next to the sink so it is handy. We've not had water on the floor since, except after a shower. For that we try to park so that gravity helps aim all the water towards the drain in the floor, the wipe out excess“

@gooddogs74, this is pretty much what we do. The drain hole is small, which doesn't help.  But even though it doesn't work like a sink at home, we are okay with it. 
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • 4ncar4ncar Posts: 183Member
    Could it be improperly vented? Even with a small drain hole, if vented correctly it should drain.  What does nucamp have to say about this...?
    TV- '14 Jeep GC Eco Diesel & '09 JKU 
    2018 320S Outback
  • LSkrabutLSkrabut Posts: 30Member
    My 400 folding sink does the same slow drain act. Only for 30-60 seconds with only a small amount of water. The last bit is a lot slower than a sink 1/3 full. Also a slight lift, drains faster. I do wipe the sink down after ever use.

Utah Driven

2018 T@B 400

MB GLK 250 Diesel