T@B 400 + 2017/18 Kia Sorento V6 AWD

ecyfotoecyfoto Posts: 25Member
Hi all. New to the forum. I'm planning on ordering a 400 next winter (I live in Florida) and wanted to pick your collective brains about an appropriate TV. I DO NOT want to purchase a full sized truck or SUV. My I idea is to be as light, nimble and as affordable as possible with the best MPG available. The Sorento is the only product I've found so far that fits the criteria. Any folks out there with this combo? Looks very good on paper.
All suggestions welcomed.
Doing my due diligence. Have decided on a T@B 400/Chevy Colorado Duramax combo.
Retirement just around the corner!

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Posts: 501Member
    @ecyfoto, sorry I can't answer your question, but I did want to say welcome to the forum. Good luck with all of your searches for knowlege. The good folks here will have some answers for sure.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2005 gmc envoy xl. Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • RatkityRatkity Posts: 3,191Member
    Welcome from me too! I hope you find your answer soon  :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • gooddogs74gooddogs74 Posts: 69Member
    I just got a 400 and I'm towing it with a Honda Pilot equipped with 5k capacity.  The recommendation was to not go any lower.   So if you can get it equipped that way,  I would think it would work.  
    2018 T@b 400
  • TwojgramsTwojgrams Posts: 691Associate Member
    I'm hoping you did a search on "Sorento" in the upper right search field. There are several pertinent matches.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback/2006 V8 4Runner 

• dsatworkdsatwork Posts: 690Member
    We have a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD and it is very capable to do what you are asking. There is a Kia Forum where the ins and outs of towing have been discussed. You might want to check it out as well. http://www.kia-forums.com/2016-sorento/204010-does-anyone-tow-their-2016-sorento.html Happy to answer any questions I can help with.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal
  • We just towed our new T@B 400 home to Indiana from Florida using my 2014 Toyota 4Runner V6 and will towed great.  The 4Runner is rated for 5000#.  I use a friction sway bar and a prodigy brake controller.  
    2018 T@B 400
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    youtube.com/c/travelswithdelaney