Last mod of 2017?

driftlessdriftless Posts: 89Member
edited November 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
Since we now have dedicated sleeping and sitting areas in our 2014 Tab Q we decided to  install the Lagun table mount a few weeks ago.  We ordered both the 19.5" and the 29.5" verticals so we have additional counter "prep" space that swings over our stove at night, and also table height for those rainy or chilly days when we choose to eat indoors.  The table top is a tool chest top. Can't wait for our next trip to try it out.  May need to add the outside mount before then though!

Happy Trails,
Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

Comments

• HalooHaloo Posts: 115Member
    Nicely done!
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • atlasbatlasb Posts: 273Member
    Looks great!  We did love our Q MAXX!  liked all the open space!
    2018 T@B 400, 2016 Nissan Frontier Crew cab
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Posts: 562Member
    Beautiful work!   Hate your topic title.   Say it ain’t so Joe!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 LG T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Posts: 1,292Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm with @TerryV6 on the title. My brain screamed " But it's not 12/31/17 at 11:59 yet!"  ;)
    2017 T@B Max S silver and cherry red, TV 2015 Toyota Highlander L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), towed by Big Red, or Silver
  • ericnlizericnliz Posts: 3,900Member
    I just thought I'd overslept.......... =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• TerryV6TerryV6 Posts: 562Member
    Rip von Eric....   :)
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 LG T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• ericnlizericnliz Posts: 3,900Member
    :sleeping: :sleepy: :who_me: =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• ToefootToefoot Posts: 38Member
    Very nice mods.
    2018 320S Outback pulled by 2012 Jeep Wrangler.
  • SAMSAM Posts: 1,655Member
    @driftless ; What kind of window shades do you have?  They look smooth like a roll up shade.
    Sharon and John - Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Blue and Silver 2017 CSS towed by a 2015 Salsa Red Toyota Sienna
  • jkjennjkjenn Posts: 4,385Member
    edited November 2017
    I thought at first this was a DM T@b but the floor looks like a nuCamp. 

Jenn Grover | 2015  T@b S Max Silver/Turquoise Trim | 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk v6 | Nights spent in T@b: 148 | Pittsburgh PA

• driftlessdriftless Posts: 89Member
    @Sam, they are like roll up shades.  Not sure when they made the change to the current shades, but our 2014 came with this type.  When we added the opening front window this past summer, we only could get the new style shade on that window.  So now we have defined bedroom and kitchen window treatments!
    Happy Trails,

@jkjenn, we have a 2014 T@b Q Little Guy.
    Happy Trails,

I did not realize they ever used roll ups.  How do you like them?  I'll bet they are easier to maintain.
    Sharon and John - Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Blue and Silver 2017 CSS towed by a 2015 Salsa Red Toyota Sienna
    @SAM we haven't had any issues with them or the newer style on front window.  They seem to be easier to put up and down.  We also prefer the screen coming up from the bottom and the shade pulling down for our side windows.  However, we like the front one with the screen coming from the top because we tend to leave that window cracked open at night.  In the attached Pic you can see the shade halfway down and the screen halfway up on that side window.  
    Happy Trails,

It looks like they run in the same kind of track as the current fabric shades.  Do they block the light better at night?
    @SAM, yes they are similar tracks.  We haven't noticed a significant difference in light blocking between the 2 styles.
    Happy Trails,

• skwheeskwhee Posts: 217Member
    nüCamp (then Pleasant Valley) switched to the pleated shades for the 2015 model year but continued to install with the shades on top and screens coming from the bottom. For the 2017 model year they began installing with the screens coming from the top and the shades coming from the bottom.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
    Ok we were wrong there was one more mod this year.  Installed a keyless lock.  
    Happy Trails,

• campergirlcampergirl Posts: 9Member
    This is fabulous!  Hubby and I are trying to get a dedicated sleep /sitting area like yours but we have a TL version.  Would you happen to have a few pix of what the underside of your bed looks like?  We're trying to envision the structural components needed to modify our TL and a look "behind the curtain" so to speak, would be immensely helpful. 
    Love the Wisconsin towel over the stove!  I'm originally from Green Bay.
    2008 T@B TL, white with yellow trim towed by a grey 2010 Ford F150 supercab.
    David & Chris
    Baton Rouge, LA

edited December 2017
    @campergirl ; this discussion has some good pictures of what the frame work looks like in a u shaped seating area.  The only thing we added to make a dedicated bed was to add a bed slat.
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/40907#Comment_40907

Happy Trails,