Pikes Peak rally and glampout 2018?

ToefootToefoot Posts: 38Member
Seeing if anyone was interested in getting together and planning a shindig for next year in the Pikes Peak region. I am willing to put in some time for coordination and scheduling.  Since we have several distributors here in the region it would be fun to get everyone together in one place for a rally and glampout.  

If interested just post on this thread so we can get the T@b rolling. Rally could be from Colorado Springs to Canon City and then onto a campsite in the Pikes Peak area, several great campgrounds to choose  from, maybe some wine shopping at the abbey in Canon City and lunch? 

Great opportunity for pics, idea exchanges and meeting new friends over some good wine, food and laughs.
2018 320S Outback pulled by 2012 Jeep Wrangler.

Comments

• DonnaDonna Posts: 2Member
    We’re in New Mexico but I’d be interested in a gathering in Colorado.  I hope to be on the road for much of September so dates will be critical.  I also have an Outback!
  • cmaccmac Posts: 36Member
    We live in the Oklahoma City area and may be interested depending on the date.  I'm retired and my wife will be retiring at the end of this school year on May 24, 2018.  If it is after that date, we will be seriously interested.

John & Cheryl
    Edmond, OK
    John & Cheryl
    2006 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    Edmond, OK
  • ToefootToefoot Posts: 38Member
    Wonderful, anyone effected by altitude? Campsites like Mueller State park are at about 9500 ft altitude and in a great location for trails and full docking.  Also plenty of attractions, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Helen hunt falls, cave of the winds, white water rafting, phantom canyon road, Shelf road, Royal Gorge, Cripple Creek, several wineries etc. 

What month are we wanting?  I was looking at August time frame but flexible. 

We've stayed at the Cripple Creek KOA several times (10,000') with no altitude problems.  I did slow down a little at the summit of Pike's Peak!

John
    John & Cheryl
    Edmond, OK
  • ToefootToefoot Posts: 38Member
    cmac said:
    We've stayed at the Cripple Creek KOA several times (10,000') with no altitude problems.  I did slow down a little at the summit of Pike's Peak!

John
    How was that KOA? We get a lot of tourist in this region and each year we have problems with altitude sickness, people not used to the thin air.
    We enjoyed our stays at the Cripple Creek KOA!  Also had a good visit with the Hosts and enjoyed sharing a home made cherry cobbler I cooked in our 12" camp dutch oven - they provided the ice cream.
    We just took it easy at altitude since we have been life-long flat landers growing up in Kansas and then relocated to Oklahoma, chasing work.  Our elevation at Edmond is approx. 1,093' per our GPS.
    We also really enjoy the KOA at Ouray and Durango.  We had a large tree limb fall on our T@B at Ouray but it only did minor damage.  Since then we have been more aware of the trees around our campsites.
    John

John & Cheryl
    Edmond, OK
  • DpdewDpdew Posts: 4Member
    We are picking up our T@B today and live in Denver.  We would be interested in a Pikes Peak rally.
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Posts: 1,357Member
    We have attended several rallies in the last 4 years if you hope to do this for summer 2018 you need to pick a date and location quickly. Most campgrounds fill up fast. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun