Kidde plastic handled fire extinguisher recall - since 1973

ChanWChanW Posts: 1,763Member
edited November 2017 in Events & News
It seems we might have to send in our fire extinguishers...

Not sure about the ones in our Tabs, there's a special mention of extinguishers in RVs.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and#
Chan       --         Buffalo NY (Beau Fleuve)
2014 'S' Maxx - 2011 Tacoma 4cyl Access Cab
 A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya

Comments

• MudsharkMudshark Posts: 20Member
    I have a early 2016 build CS-S max and the extinguisher is a First Alert model. It is not listed on the recall list. I do have a home extinguisher that has been recalled. Thanks for the heads up. 
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. White Lake Mi.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Posts: 300Member
    Thanks for the update...in 2013 I bought one of these Kidde recalled models.  I then  gave extinquishers to about 7 friends as Christmas/birthday/housewarming presents........excuse me while I make phone calls and send emails..."Oh, by the way...."

• ChanWChanW Posts: 1,763Member
    Yeah, I just filed for 6 replacement extinguishers for my home.
    I checked the Tab and it's a First Alert.
     A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya

• RollingBnBRollingBnB Posts: 181Member
    Thanks 2 of 3 are on the list.
    2017 T@B S Max White C@stle
    2015 Chevy Silverado & 2017 GMC Acadia
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Posts: 40Member
    I have 3 that were on the list. I called the number listed on the recall site and everything went smoothly. My replacements are to be delivered in 15-20 days. The folks at Kidde were very nice.
    2016 T@b Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2016 Ford Escape
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • MarcelineMarceline Posts: 135Member
    Thanks for sharing this info. The extinguisher in my home was on the list. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S 
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • atlasbatlasb Posts: 221Member
    Just checked the one in our 400 it is on the list.  It is the FF210d-1.  When I filled the form on the net, the one listed did not have the -1 at the end but had the FF210d.  they said should have one 15 to 20 days and it may or may not fit.  Guess we will see how it goes.
    2018 T@B 400, 2016 Nissan Frontier Crew cab
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Posts: 679Member
    edited December 2017

I finally got to check the 3 Kidde fire extinguishers we have; the two in the house were not on the recall list, but the one I keep in my Tacoma was...sent info to Kidde for replacement.  As noted above, the First Alert (made by Ansul) in our T@B is not part of the recall. However..I did notice that it’s a “B-C” dry chemical extinguisher for liquids and electrical fires (designed for kitchens).  Seems it might be worth replacing with an “A-B-C” type to include paper, wood, and fabric?   Has anyone else investigated this?  
    https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/40099/can-a-class-a-fire-be-extinguished-with-a-class-bc-fire-extinguisher

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• CCGACCGA Posts: 7Member

My 2018 Boondock has the Model FF210D-1. I sent the information in today, no problem.

2018 320S Boondock-2016  Nissan Frontier V6 King Cab
  • ChanWChanW Posts: 1,763Member
    edited December 2017
    I had 6 in my house replaced, but our Tab had a different brand, First Alert.
     A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya

• booboo Posts: 625Member
    We had four Kidd extinguishers in our home. Saw the recall notice. Wife called company and they went over the serial numbers on our extinguishers. One of the four was on recall.
    They sent us a new one and we returned the defective one, prepaid shipping.