Check the Box use?

TwojgramsTwojgrams Posts: 539Associate Member
I noticed the check box next to the star recently and wonder what it's purpose is? For all I know, it may have been there on the "old" forum too and I've been blithely ignoring it.
John, Judi, Guinness & OD
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback/2006 V8 4Runner 

Comments

• VernaVerna Posts: 4,217Administrator
    We Administrators and Moderators use it, but I wasn't aware that the members could see it. Check it, please, and tell me what it does. 
    Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2014 T@B S M@X, white/red, INDIANA  H@@SIER; towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; T@B Administrator
  • TwojgramsTwojgrams Posts: 539Associate Member
    edited August 2017
    Just checked this post. Edit: but did not star it.

Did any pop-up boxes appear at the bottom of the page?
    Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2014 T@B S M@X, white/red, INDIANA  H@@SIER; towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; T@B Administrator
    Nope, no pop up and it doesn't appear on my "starred" list.

• ScottGScottG Posts: 1,553Moderator
    I was wondering the same thing just a couple days ago.

I do notice if I check the box, then return to the main window and reopen the thread, the box does not remain checked.

Maybe it's taking $5 out of my checking account every time I select it...
    2015 T@B S
    edited August 2017
    Then, the use is for only for Administrators and Moderators. It's part of our Secret Wand Arsenal!  

Actually, it allows us to separate different subject comments from a thread to start a new thread under its own discussion title. Nothing sinister, just a tool. 

The star, for those who don't know, is used to bookmark threads that are of use to you or that you want to easily find. 
    That's ok as long as it's then depositing in my account!

• ericnlizericnliz Posts: 3,568Member
    I'm thinkin' ya'll just put that there to see how many of us would click on it to see what happens! Now, tag, you're it! :lol:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Eric & Liz  Spokane, Wa.

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Posts: 1,114Member
    @ScottG, you're a T@b owner... my guess is it would be a lot more than $5, or so my wallet says!  ;)
    2017 T@B Max S silver and cherry red, TV 2015 Toyota Highlander L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), towed by Big Red, or Silver
  • ScottGScottG Posts: 1,553Moderator
    @ScottG, you're a T@b owner... my guess is it would be a lot more than $5, or so my wallet says!  ;)
    Good point. I should have known better...  :-)
    2015 T@B S