Installing Fantastic Fan Vent Cover on Tab

We purchased a Fantastic Fan Vent Ultra Breeze Cover for our Tab Max S trailer.  However when my husband checked the roof for installation, he saw there are no screws or bolts to attach it. How should/can it be attached?
H@zel is our 2017 T@b S Max Silver/Red Trim; TV 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jersey Shore

Comments

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Posts: 409Member
    edited January 2017
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • TwinpsbTwinpsb Posts: 28Member
    Thank you so much. Think we got this now!!!
    H@zel is our 2017 T@b S Max Silver/Red Trim; TV 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
    Jersey Shore
  • DockguyDockguy Posts: 14Member
    edited November 2017
    The vent cover has 4 L-brackets that mount to the outside rim of your fan.  You can follow the You Tube Video on how to install the fan cover.  Do you like the fan cover ?  I am interested in purchasing a vent cover for my 2017 T@B 320 Max S also.

Thanks,
    Dockguy
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    2016 Honda Pilot, FWD, V^ 

• DalehelmanDalehelman Posts: 1,135Member
    I really like this one because of it’s low profile. It does limit how far we can open the vent, but not that much. If I remember the Fantastic Fan cover requires screwing through the roof. This cover does not.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EDUTTK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apip_5oApQDzAfCVYM
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • VernaVerna Posts: 4,216Administrator
    +2 on the Camco Aero Flo.  I installed one on my Silver Shadow teardrop and it was the first mod I performed on my T@B.
    Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2014 T@B S M@X, white/red, INDIANA  H@@SIER; towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; T@B Administrator
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Posts: 295Member
    No drilling into T@B required!!

Bob & Rosalie Fuss - Spencerport NY
                          ---SUNT@B - 2009 CS ---
    -------334 nights out ----  63445 miles traveled-------
    States Visited Mapstatemap

• jkjennjkjenn Posts: 4,122Member
    I love this cover. The circulation when it rains is....wait for it....Fantastic!

They claim you can drive with The vent open to this and I confess to having done this without any difficulties. I am hesitant to mention this because someone else will do it and it will break the fan, but, on a hot day, the T@b does not arrive hot inside.

Jenn Grover | 2015  T@b S Max Silver/Turquoise Trim | 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland | Nights spent in T@b: 148 | Pittsburgh PA

• hymiehymie Posts: 100Member
    Love our maxxair cover. Just put the C@setta away in the garage for the winter. Removing the cover took all of 2 minutes. Great product during the rain and high winds. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • RollingBnBRollingBnB Posts: 181Member
    And it still fits in the 8 ft garage
    2017 T@B S Max White C@stle
    2015 Chevy Silverado & 2017 GMC Acadia
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • tfire328tfire328 Posts: 16Member
    I have the Camco Aero Flo also. Works great and easy to install. 4 screws into the vertical lip of the factory installed fan cover and you are good to go. Nice to be able to have the fan run during a rain shower.
    Ted & Donna. Bay City, Michigan. Ford Escape, 2016 Tab Max-S
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Posts: 1,135Member
    tfire328 said:
    I have the Camco Aero Flo also. Works great and easy to install. 4 screws into the vertical lip of the factory installed fan cover and you are good to go. Nice to be able to have the fan run during a rain shower.

X2
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    tfire328 said:

X2
    X3
    Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2014 T@B S M@X, white/red, INDIANA  H@@SIER; towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; T@B Administrator
  • TABakerTABaker Posts: 382Member
    Verna said:
    +2 on the Camco Aero Flo.  I installed one on my Silver Shadow teardrop and it was the first mod I performed on my T@B.
    Verna, how did you get access to the roof without putting weight on it?  I need to replace my fan, and would like to do it myself instead of trusting someone else.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

@TABaker, I placed a flannel quilt on the edge of the tab and put an extension ladder against the T@B. With my sister holding g the ladder, I was able to lean over, using only one hand on the roof if I needed a bit of extra support.  It took longer to move the quilt and ladder from side to side than it did to install the cover. 
  • BrianZBrianZ Posts: 39Member
    Does the Camco Aero Flo cover have its own screening over the holes that air moves through?  If not, it seems like the inside could be an attractive spot for mud dauber wasps to build nests, as they prefer places sheltered from rain.  If not, maybe one could mod the mod with a piece of screen.

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 2,150Administrator
    BrianZ said:
    Does the Camco Aero Flo cover have its own screening over the holes that air moves through?  If not, it seems like the inside could be an attractive spot for mud dauber wasps to build nests, as they prefer places sheltered from rain.  If not, maybe one could mod the mod with a piece of screen.

I've installed a few of these covers and have never had any issues with the mud dauber wasps.  I doubt that would be a desirable spot on top of the trailer and out in excessive sunlight & heat.  Most of the time I see these insects they build their nests in a well shaded area and out of direct sunlight.   
    Mike Smith 
    Linden, Mi
    2015 T@B Max S
    Attached Image
  • danp212danp212 Posts: 12Member
    Installed the Camco Aero Flo over the weekend, super easy (as long as you have a ladder, drill & screwdriver). I used a drill chuck adapter for my cordless electric screwdriver (works great for light drilling) and it was very straightforward. 

2017 T@B Max S