Solo traveler

cbarnhillcbarnhill Posts: 271Member
edited October 2016 in Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
If you sleep wheel-to-wheel and want a new blanket, you're in luck. Most of the "throws" on the market are the perfect length: 70".  So, they're more economical and the perfect fit. I got this "down" throw at Costco $18. I also purchased a twin extra long memory foam and trimmed the length. The width is a tad short but doable.  I keep the bed made when I travel. I tried to reduce pic size

Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)

Comments

• NomadNomad Posts: 7,340Member
    Resized the pic for ya - over 3,000px down to 800 :-)
    Like the way you did the netting on the back shelf.

• AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Posts: 373Member
    I love the color of this blanket, so shiny, like a Weimaraner :-)
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2006 Subaru Legacy Outback Sedan 2.5i  4 Cyl AWD
    Seattle, WA
  • RatkityRatkity Posts: 3,184Member
    I love the color of this blanket, so shiny, like a Weimaraner :-)
    I agree! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Posts: 271Member
    I love it, too. A little bling for the tab. You may have noticed from the picture that I removed the cushion on the driver side and replaced it with a box. It adds a ton of storage: a deep drawer, a place for my tiny microwave and another storage bin behind the microwave. I keep the Lagun table up and place a cushion behind it when traveling. Works great for me. 
  • AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Posts: 373Member
    Oh I didn't notice that before. Fantastic! Beautiful and functional! I have copied your tissue box storage idea and put one in my new cargo nets.  =)

Need a total panorama view!
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2006 Subaru Legacy Outback Sedan 2.5i  4 Cyl AWD
    Seattle, WA
  • gooseladygooselady Posts: 117Member
    Yes, I noticed the extra storage.  Clever.  I'm struggling with bedding selection right now.  I use a 4 1/2 foam sofa bed replacement mattress (twin size) and would like sheets and blankets to fit.  Not much selection on Amazon.

I wish the cargo nets came in different colors.  I put wooden storage boxes along the back, attached with velcro, and use it for pantry items.  
  • marknjudymarknjudy Posts: 378Member
    Wooden storage boxes sounds interesting. Care to share a picture or two?
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • SAMSAM Posts: 1,620Member
    Has anyone tried RV bunk bed sheets?  34 x 75 inches for solo travelers.
    Sharon and John - Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Blue and Silver 2017 CSS towed by a 2015 Salsa Red Toyota Sienna
    Above is a shot with the drawer pulled out (its deep-love that). You might be able to see where there is a trap door to access the space behind the microwave. The bar for lagun table rests on the box and the handle, when pointed down, keeps the drawer from opening while traveling. 
  • NomadNomad Posts: 7,340Member
    Nice - Almost did that same thing - Then I just got used to the way I'm set up and haven't really thought about it since.

• EstancioEstancio Posts: 193Member
    Nicely done. I am also adding a similar  drawer on my 2011 T@B. It will sit above the cool cat AC unit.